Monday, January 14, 2013

Batman caricature 2012-2013



Always loved the classic logo but the new iterations have their place. :)
I grew up in the 80's and 90's my first exposure to Batman was the 1970's live action show starring Adam West, the Tim Burton movie which, when it first came out I didn't see in the theatres mostly due to the fact I was probably only 6 at the time ( back in the old days it was all about practical effects that looked a little too real and an arcane rating system) then came the Batman the Animated Series, which, not to put too finer point on it was one of the greatest cartoons of all time.




Like with many series that emerged during this time that had an animated intro (though this one was like an early flash animated sequence) I thought the entire show was animated too- though I wasn't too worried that Batman was live action the intros to Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie were just kind of misleading.


Still they were early influences on my work, dated though the humour was, including the laugh track.

The official Batman 1989 trailer was long, gave away too much and had minimal music.


The recut version however takes the already brilliant source material and makes it even more awesome!


I always admired just how fast the gangsters climbed the fire escape to get to the top of the building.


Like a tattoo on the collective subconscious this simple silhouette of black against yellow is branded indelibly. 

Batman continues to evolve and inspire

Into what we may never know... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment