Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

That being said as the title, yes I'm aware that the shelf life of saying "Happy New Year" to strangers and loved ones expires faster than fries after going cold and being temporally resuscitated in the microwave. I felt I needed to write more this year too, and keep my resolutions modest achievable and above all not some bucket of approval chum for my compliment fishing trip. So I decided to kick off the new year with an idea I hit upon in 2012 called the Pin Up Pop Culture Princesses (Pop Culture Pin Up Princesses as they were originally billed) I figured it's high time I brought back an old favourite.

I'm training myself to draw more dynamic poses, animate more and sign "2014" as the year, baby steps. 

Cammy, is a gorgeous and thoughtfully designed fighter from the Street Fighter franchise (a game I've loved watching my arse get kicked at, by far better players since I was a kid). The deal with Cammy is multi layered, she's got camouflage gear and paint on (get it? Cammy-flauge lol) she also brings a little bit of balance to an otherwise totally male dominated game series; with this pose I was going for kind of a dynamic version compared to some of my other pin ups which seem a tad static, sedentary she's more like a dancer and I'll be posting a finished coloured version at some later date. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment